Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fuck The Police

I haven't had anything to write about for a few days now, well theres been a few things on my mind but I did want to try and keep things 'light' on here after the "emo epic" The Story but something happened the other night that in my mind demands telling and its not a funny story again so I apologise for that...

My Mum was just round (hadn't seen her since New Years Day!) and we were having a chat and she mentioned that my brother got stopped by the police a couple of nights ago.

He was walking back from a friends house about half past eleven at night and he had his hood up on his hoodie. Which is understandable. Its January and fucking cold outside. I'm not prone to putting the hood up as I think its a bit chavvy to be honest but if it was cold enough I would.

Then this copper starts chasing him! And as he didn't have his bike he catches up and starts a totally unprovoked 15-20 minute search on him. And his reasoning for this? "You were wearing a hood". This was near St.Martins Way area in Thetford which I grant you is a rough area on occasion but come on!

The search involved even things like my brother having to roll his socks up so its pretty obvious that this guy was looking for drugs. Which he found none. I know my brothers no saint when it comes to that (and that's a different subject for a different day) but he got no apology at all! In fact the guy did a search on his name (which came up with nothing) and filled out a form!

As it turns out this power mad copper was in the same class as my brother at school. So my brother tried to ask him things like what he was doing now to make him uncomfortable. Which he shouldn't' have to do. This guy was blatantly harassing him for no reason. Wearing a hoodie is not a reason to stop someone and search him for 20 minutes.

Its not in my brothers nature to make a complaint, but I was so pissed off when I heard this that I would for him if I thought it would do any good!

I walk around late sometimes wearing a leather jacket- plus I have long hair and a beard. I imagine I would have got the same treatment and I would have complained until I got a apology. In full. In writing.

So yeah, Thetford police don't really have time to deal with the constant fights breaking out in pubs and outside Ice every night they are open, or the 34 illegal immigrants crammed into a 3 bedroom house but if you're walking home wearing a hoodie (or fuck it just differently) you better watch out! You're gonna cause trouble.

And without going on to the whole Drugs argument but how many weed users do you know that want to go out late at night and rob some Grannies house or start a fight? The ones I know can barely be arsed to get up for a shit!

Just found this out. Its about an hour after I wrote this now and apparently the copper in question did remember my brother from school and thats why he stopped him. Still the act of a wanker. Still stand by what I say about the police stopping you for looking different...

I promise the next Blog will be laugh packed.

Till then.

No comments: