Friday, January 25, 2008

Say What?

The last few years my Dad has been suffering from some discomfort in his back and hip. In fact he actually worked long past his retirement whilst still suffering from it for quite some time. When he retired he decided it was time to do something about it and after waiting some time he finally managed to get in for an operation needed to sort it out some what.

What the operation entailed basically was his back being cut open and a small spring being placed near the hip. I'm not a doctor so don't know exactly how that works...but it does. Look it up.

So this last Monday he finally went (originally was supposed to be the week before Christmas). Unfortunately because I was working all week I couldn't go and visit so it was down to my Mum to keep me posted on his progress by way of texts and phone calls.

After the operation he started to have trouble with his leg as a result of it. So he had to stay in a few days until his leg was okay enough to leave hospital and walk on it properly. In fact he actually went down on one occasion.

But all was well by Thursday and he was allowed to come home, and earlier today I went to visit. And we were sitting there talking about the operation I mentioned Mum had been keeping me posted about what was going on. And he asked "Oh so you know about the complication then?"

To which I replied in the affirmative. Then he said... "My penis".

I was like "Ha..ha..WHAT?"

Turns out he had some trouble passing water, and my Mum obviously wouldn't tell me the messy details of that! I thought he just meant his leg!

There's a few words you never want your parents to say and "Penis" is one of them, up there with "intercourse" or "moist".

And don't worry my Dad has a great sense of humour so he wouldn't mind me posting this!

In a totally unrelated story I was walking to work the other day and my walk takes me past the towns Post Office. And it was dead on 9am and there was some chav in a trackie drinking from a can of Special Brew! Nothing like enforcing that Thetford stereotype! Just thought I'd share that as it disgusted me!

Till next time.

No comments: